Data collectively all information that you submit to L&Y Dental via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definition Provided in the Data Protection Laws;
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to L&Y Dental via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definition Provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;|
|GDPR||the UK General Data Protection Regulation;|
|L&Y Dental,we or us||L&Y dental, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12635314 whose registered office is at; 46 Green Lane, Northwood, HA6 2QB;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed By L&Y dental and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing service to L&Y dental and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services and|
|Website||the Website that you are currently using, www.lydental.co.uk, and any Sub domain of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trust and partnerships
- “including” is understood to me “including without limitation”;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, L&Y Dental is the “data controller”. This means that L&Y Dental determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you;
- Date of birth
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Other relevant information;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways
- Data is given to us by you; and
- Data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. L&Y dental will collect your Data in a number of ways; for example:
- When you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our product services;
- When you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
- When you make payments to us, through the Website or otherwise;
- When you elect to receive marketing communication from us;
- When you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example;
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website Specifically; Data may be used by us for following reason;
- Internal record keeping;
- Improvement of our products/services;
- Transmission by email of marketing material that may be of interest to you;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interest. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “YOUR RIGHTS” below)
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we will need your consent whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in
- Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product service, and we are marketing similar products services). Under soft opt-in consent we will take you consent as given unless you opt-out.
- For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example checking a tick box that we will provide.
- If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your Rights” below.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such as contract.
Who we share data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons;
- Our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to obtain advice from professional advisers;
- Third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website- to enable a third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
Keeping data secure
14. We will use technical and organizational measures to safeguard you Data for example;
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- We store your data on secure servers.
15. Technical and organizational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately, by contacting us via e-mail address email@example.com
16. If you want detailed information from, Get Sage Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud identify theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
18. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access- the right to request (i) copies of information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request we will tell you the reason why.
- Right to correct- the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erase- the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our erase.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data- the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability- the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Rights to object- the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interest.
20. To make enquiries, exercise any of our rights set out above or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data) please contact us via this e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
21. If you are not satisfied with a way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk
22. It is important that Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
25. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
26. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
29. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy
30. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the Law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Welsh courts.
You may contact L&Y dental by e-mail at email@example.com